Is it possible to use jira automation for JSM portal?
What I want to do is to keep the form blank on landing page and when the category has been selected the required fields will be shown and if the category is changed the fields will also change
@Julliane Chan ,
Are you talking about Request Types, when you say category.
If you are looking for a way to show/hide fields depending on the values you are selecting, you can make use of Forms which will help you in your case.
If it is something else you are looking for, please provide more details.
Vj
Hi Vijay,
I am not referring to request type instead just a custom field which we will use as the categorization (service catalog) for our tickets.
I will check the Forms. Thank you
yes, you can attach your field on your form to a custom jira field.
It seems that I cannot use the cascading field in Forms
Hi Julliane - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You don't need to use cascading fields in the advanced forms, you handle that with sections. So you can have a dropdown with various values, and based on the value selected, you can show certain fields associated with that value. And make any of them mandatory at that point as well.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.