Many of my users use the Jira Cloud in Mobile web(example- chrome) and how safe is it to use in mobile like that.
My Plan-Standard(No Atlassian Access/Gaurd- hence no mobile usage policy).
Hi Mahanth,
I have had no problems with it at all security wise. I have full faith in it. Use a VPN with your phone if you want a little extra security.
@John Funk Thank you for your response
You are welcome!
I'd also like to point out that we have Jira Cloud apps for both iOS and Android: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/mobile-app. They will provide a better user experience than using web on mobile.
Cheers,
Simon
@Hi@Simon Stiefel @John Funk
I feel mobile is more vulnerable to steal data. If we wanted to use mobile version of Jira Cloud App do we need any specific subscription for usage or to have extra security features?
Thanks
Mahanth
You shouldn't make the decision based on your feelings. :-)
Sure, there are other security measures you can add to your account, regardless of whether you are using Mobile or not.
Hi @Mahanth Prudhvi P ,
Great questions! The Jira Cloud mobile apps are free to use with any of our Jira plans. There is no need to upgrade your subscription.
In terms of improving the security, we do offer both MDM and MAM.
- MDM (Mobile Device Management) is free for all plans. See https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/mobile-device-management-mdm-for-atlassian-mobile-apps/ for more information
- MAM (Mobile App Management) requires an Atlassian Guard subscription. See https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/mobile-app-management-mam-for-atlassian-mobile-apps/ and https://www.atlassian.com/software/access for more information
I hope this helps,
@Simon Stiefel Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.