I'm having problems getting a subtask to transition when the main story is transitioned using automation.
Here is the flow:
The error I'm getting is this:
Hello @Madar, Andrew
Can you show us the entire output of the Audit Log for the rule execution? You have two transition actions in your rule, and we can't tell from what you provided which one is throwing the error.
I notice that after the trigger, which is an issue transition, you are transitioning the trigger issue to another status and updating field(s) in the trigger issue. After making changes to an issue in a rule, if you want to later reference that changed information you should use the Re-fetch Issue action to make sure your rule has the current information cached.
Within you branch can you add a Log action to print the Status of the trigger issue? That will enable us to confirm what status is trying to be used in the transition of the subtask.
Hi Trudy, I appreciate your help.
Here is the entire error.
Thank you!
I added the log action you requested.
Thank you for the additional information.
From the Audit Log details you shared we can confirm that it is the attempt to transition the subtask that is failing.
What output are you seeing in the log with the addition of the Log actions?
Does the workflow for your subtask include the Intake Validation status?
Is this rule being run against a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.