I'm currently implementing what you're describing. We wanted to completely separate our internal users from external customers. So we've added a new Jira site to our Atlassian org with a new JSM subscription. We're restricting creation of portal accounts to specific domains, and allowing the customers to create their accounts.
Thank you for your feedback, Connor! I appreciate your insight. Our Atlassian account manger has gotten back with me, and also confirmed this would do exactly what we want/need, and apparently this is common for companies/businesses to do.
Once I get more information on what this looks like, I will be sure to update it here, for anyone else looking for details about something like this.
@Katelyn Carriker How has this worked out for you?
We are in a similar situation where we want to have a portal for external requests while keeping our internal employees out of it and maintaining our already existing JSM projects for our internal help desk.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.