My team is using the TO DO status for user stories not yet started. When we review the dashboard and the sprint health everything either shows In progress or Completed and none of the TO DO's show up in the Not Started status on the dashboard. Thoughts on what could be the issue? I checked the workflow and TO DO is mapped to TO DO (it is the default setting). Screenshots below.
I'm watching this for an answer. I wonder if it's due to the corresponding epic not being "to do"? It feels like this should work though the way you configured it.
@Diatta Harris this depends on the board configuration.
The bar in sprint progress insight is split by the number of story points, issues or time assigned to each status category.
In board configuration you can select Estimation method.
For instance: if estimation method is set to: Story points and your issues in To do status have no story points added, sprint progress will show 0% in To do.
Try switching estimation method to Issue Count and you will see that To do percentage changed
Hello @Diatta Harris
I think it's the order of your columns,
Jira boards will take the leftmost column as the to-do column (grey) and the rightmost as the final (green) column. And the others between these columns are "in progress" type columns.
So I suggest to reorder your columns "To do" and let this column be the leftmost one and you tell me if it solves the problem.
@Duc Thang TRAN @Stevan Mandić When I navigate to the dashboard, click on sprint health, click on the yellow and then click issue navigator the list shows items in TO DO (gray) and In Development (blue) and the dashboard still does not display the TO DO items as not started.
None of the user stories in the current Sprint in the TO DO status are showing as Not Started. It's a scrum board, team managed. This board was created a few weeks vs. my other boards created two years ago but it should show items that are in TO DO as Not Started.
Hi there. I used the default workflow for a scrum board and made no other changes. The TO DO column is on the left and marked gray. Not sure why the system is behaving like this. I also checked workflow and TO DO is gray as expected. See screenshots below.
@Diatta Harris take a look at my previous message
Estimation method is accurately set up to reference story points. There are several items in the TO DO column and status yet it shows 0% not started.
@Stevan Mandić Hi there - the estimation method doesn't appear to be the issue. Story points is selected.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.