I am trying to create a one-click issue creation link in another (non-Jira) app. I start with
https://<my Jira domain>/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?
and from there append a bunch of key/value pairs. For one of the key/value pairs, it exists in Jira as a Select List. For example, say that custom field 10001 has options
- id=10237, value=Blue
- id=15466, value=Red
- id=16444, value=Green
In the originating app, I have the values, so what I'd really like to do is append my link with
customfield_10001=Blue
However, Jira expects the ID, as shown below:
customfield_10001=10237
How can I either get Jira to accept the value (e.g., Blue) instead of the ID (e.g., 10237) in the issue creation link, or how can I do some kind of dictionary look up to find the ID of a given field/value pair? Note that the Select List options change frequently, so it will be impractical to hard code a dictionary.
Thanks!!