Hi,
I'm just getting back into Confluence after a couple of years, and I'm having a brain cramp.
When I'm viewing a page I've been editing, how do I view it as a customer would (e.g., the view that would show the TOC, etc.)
Thanks.
Thank you, that's a start.
But how do I insert the TOC macro? I tried clicking the + sign in the upper right, but macro was not one of the options.
NM I found it.
I clicked the + sign in upper-right and searched on "TOC".
@Stephen Kairys You can just hit / on the keyboard to bring up the Macro options, start typing, use arrow keys, hit enter. Much faster
@Kristian Klima
From where do I type the / key?
If I do it when editing a page, it simply inserts a slash into the content.
@Stephen Kairys
In the editing mode, wherever I hit / it opens Quick Insert menu... when I hit space, it results in a regular forward slash character.
Do you see a little question mark icon at the bottom of your editing screen? Next to the navigation tree divider. There's shortcut menu in there which displays available shortcuts...
(I'm on Mac running the latest OS but it worked like that since I remember on any machine).
@Kristian Klima - Yeah, that worked. Thank you.
But how do I search the menu for what I need?
I'm using mouse to open the Macro menu (there's a little pop up saying 'insert elements /' , then I type in the first few characters of the macro, then hitting Enter to select.
In the text field, I'm only using the keyboard.
Hitting / to open the modal, typing the first few characters of the macro, using arrow keys and then hitting enter to select.
OK that seemed to work. Thank you!
You're welcome
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.