I had a problem recently where someone moved a sub-task I assigned to them on my teams board to their own team board. This caused a lot of unnecessary back and forward trying to find the new task, figure out who it had been assigned to and what stage it was at. To prevent this happening again I am looking a a way to trigger a flow that clones and links the tasks instead of just moving it
Current manual Flow:
A Task is created on board A
A subtask is created and assigned
The assignee moves the subtask to their own board, board B
The subtask is no longer related to the orignal Task and is hard to track
Automation Idea:
Manual - A Task is created on board A
Manual - A subtask is created and assigned
Automation Trigger - The assignee tries to move the subtask to their own board, board B
Automation - instead of moving the task, the task is cloned to board B
Automation - orignal task still exists and is linked to the cloned task