One of the biggest issues I have had\have\and suspect I will continue to have moving from Server to Cloud was\is change management. I definitely still have some PTSD from the silent change of maxResults but even beyond these once-in-a-while instance-shaking events, there is a near-constant stream of small "tweaks" we seem to get daily, mostly in the UI.
My questions to the community:
- How do y'all feel about the pace of changes to the user interface?
- How do y'all feel about the interface changes themselves?
I'm asking because...
- It seems functionally impossible for people to keep up with the changes being made given the footprint of Jira in many organizations.
- Most of the changes feel either value-neutral or value-negative.
I'm asking here because:
- When I talk to Atlassian, the only answer I can really get is "We're doing this in response to customer feedback".
- When I talk to other admins I'm friendly with, they agree that these changes don't make sense.
- I can't get a sense looking at the comments on the announcements what the overall sentiment might be.
If I'm the crazy one, so be it - its not like I'm not crazy in other areas already. However, I see enough dissonance that it seems worth asking, and if we aren't the crazy ones then it seems important to know Atlassian is.