This is far from the first time I've encountered this, but it's finally getting annoying enough to want to change it.
The issues that appear in the global search for Jira are the oldest issues that match my search term. If I go through to the issue navigator view for the search results, they're all in statusCategory 'Done.' The ones in the search image below are all about a year out from their last updates, though some searches produce results that are both 'Done' and 4-5 years old.

There are about 150 open issues that match my search term that are in statusCategory To Do or Doing, so why do they not show up first?
I did find a setting in the Advanced Settings menu (also pictured below) that sorts "issue actions" either in ascending or descending order by default, and I think everyone at my company would prefer the descending option anyway (I know any users who don't like it can still override) but I'm not sure it will do what I want it to re: Global Search.
Is there any way to modify the Global search to ignore Done / old issues? At least to rank them lower?
We're on the standard plan and not looking to purchase or subscribe to add-ons.
