Hi All,
Apologies if this is too basic as I am starting with Jira Cloud.
I am trying to understand how to customise the project sidebar. For example when I use a Kanban template the project sidebar includes the linkes to Timeline, Calendar, Lst, Issues, ... . When I use a Bug template the project sidebar displays a list of Default filters like All issues, My open issues, Reported by me, .... .
I would like to understand this because I enjoy learning by starting from scratch (like by using the Blank template) and then building up to something more complex (like the bug template). Why I like this is because I may want to customise the Bug template to use new filters or even make adjustments to existing filters. So as an example I would like to create a blank template and then set some filters according to my requirements and place them in the project sidebar.
The closest documentation I can find is https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/templates but this really only gives a brief overview of each of the templates. I get the impression that this has something to do with the project type (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/jira-applications-and-project-types-overview-938846805.html) but I am not able to confirm this.
So I guess a tldr is 'Is it possible to build the Bug tracking template (or any of the other templates) from the Blank project template'?
Also another question I have is 'Is it possible to confirm the project type that your project is' (I was not able to find this information in the Project Settings which is where I would have thought it would be)?
Thankyou
Andrew