i am using jira cloud. I am trying to programatically create jira tasks and attach it to epic. i am using atlassian python sdk version
3.41.13
I am able to create issues that i am successful but while trying to attach it to a epic, it fails
i used this function
new_issue.update(fields={'parent': {'id': epic_key}})
referred Using Jira's Python API, how can I set the epic link for an issue? - Stack OverflowAm i missing any settings?
i found the answer myself. this snippet can help you create a story and attach it to a specific epic using python and atlassian Python sdk.
def create_story_under_epic(epic_key, summary, description): issue_dict = {'project': {'key': 'DEVOPS'},'summary': summary,'description': description,'issuetype': {'name': 'Task'},'parent': {"key": epic_key } } new_issue = jira.issue_create(fields=issue_dict)
Hi @Krishnadhas N K ,
Welcome to the community!
Alternatively, you can use the automation built into Jira Cloud to put together an automated solution. For example, you can do things like change in Epic trigger a creating a ticket to attach to the associated Epic. There's quite a number of various scenarios you can do. Would recommend exploring.
Hello @Benjamin ,
Hello @Benjamin
Can you help me out. I was out for few days. I am stuck here for more than a month now and was unable to proceed any further. any help is greatly appreciated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.