I have automation that sets specific users as request participants to email generated issue. However the request participants that are added via email are being overwritten and I want to just append to the list. I have tried copy from issue but that's not working. Anyone have any path forward?
I also can't find the smart value for the request participants field. That may be helpful
Hi @David Bidle,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
In order to add users to the request participants field without overwriting the existing ones you have to use the advance option, something like this will do it:
{ "update": { "Request participants": [{ "add": { "id":"<atlassianId>" } }] }}
Note that you have use the atlassian Id for the user that you want to add.
Unfortunately, the users being added are external to the JIRA instance and I'm not able to find their atlassianIds to add them in this manner.
According to this https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-add-update-remove-request-participants-using-automation-for-jira-1157468434.htmlCopy from issue should work
You can, every user get an Atlassian Id, even external customer. All you need to do is use the Find users endpoint and if you know the email address the call would look something like this:
https://your-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/user/search?query=mikael.sandberg@email.com
This will return the user's profile including the accountId which you then use to add them to the request participant list.
@Mikael Sandberg Thanks! This worked
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.