Hey guys!I'm new to JSM. Please assume that I know nothing and that this is 100% a configuration problem! An issue gets created the portal for new hire onboarding. I have some automation that creates some subtasks.I've followed a couple guides that show me approval processes, still can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong.Ultimately, it looks like approvers get assigned to the issue appropriately (including me, as an approver) -- and I don't see where I can approve the issue.I've attached the relevant configs (i think!) -- still new though, so if it helps to show you some other configs, happy to provide those, just need you to tell me whatcha need!Thank you so much for your help!!~Mikeme automation that creates subtasks (create slack account, create domain account, create atlassian account, etc) I'd love for HR to approve the new hire.
Hi @michael schofield,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
In the workflow for the Pending HR approval, did you enable the approval step? If that is enabled it will add the approve/decline buttons when the request moves to that status, but they will only be visible to the approvers.
Hey there @Mikael Sandberg ! Thanks for your expertise!I definitely had this enabled in the screen grab below. BUTTT, I'm not sure this is what you're referencing.
Is this the correct location that you're looking for?
Yes, that is correct, that's is what I was referring to.
In the first screenshot you are showing one of the subtasks, but the approvers are set on the new hire onboarding request and you should see the approve/decline buttons on that one if you go to the issue details for it, ITHD-76.
Or are you trying to add the approvals to the subtasks?
Also, did you configure the approval step in the workflow so JSM knows what status to transition the request to when you click on approve/decline? If you click on Edit next to the Include approval step it will show the screen for it.
Hi @michael schofield!
Glad to see that you are using Jira Service Management for new hire onboarding! We recently created an HR Professionals community group that I wanted to put on your radar. It's just getting started so there isn't a ton of activity yet, but we're hoping to make it a place where customers, community leaders, and product managers can talk about how they are using (or wish they could be using) Atlassian Products for HR applications. If that sounds interesting, check it out & join! See you in the group! Thanks!
Jeremy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.