Hello JIRA users! I am sure others are experiencing my same problem, hopefully someone has found a useful workaround or path forward, or have exhausted their options within Atlassian and can give me the bad news
Hi there : )In CSV import, Issue IDs are unique random numbers that are only used for mapping issues together (parent/child, issue links ..etc) and you don't need to use the actual issue IDs.If you are going to link new issues during CSV import, you can use random unique number for example:
This will create 2 issues where Test 2 relates to Test 1.To link new issues with existing ones, you can use the issue key of the existing issue, for example:
This will create Test issue that relates to existing issue DEV-2.Did I understand your question correctly? Thanks,Hala ElRoumy.
I think so, I will try that, thank you!
@Hala ElRoumyValidation fails for this suggestion-
If I remove Issue ID, it still fails out.
What am I missing here?As per instructions, at validation time an explicit Issue ID shouldn't be required, but all the errors state that an existing Issue ID is required to create relational linkage.
OK, I took out the Issue ID and fixed up some other field mappings.The validation error may be otherwise hidden, but triggered by other validation issues, so that's better now!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.