Hello. I have a challenge.
I have a "templated" jira issue with children and grandchildren. These jira issues must be exactly replicated even in the order of the children.
I have been successful in copying the jira issue along with the children and grandchildren in its entirety BUT...
the order of the children is not the order as the original.
Example:
Jira-100 A
> Jira-104 AA
> Jira-105 BB
> Jira-110 CC
> Jira- 120 DD
> Jira - 153 DDA
> Jira - 167. DDB
> Jira - 123 EE
Above is my jira "template" issue that I want to replicate. I created an automated script that loops through the children and subsequent grandchildren and creates a copy BUT not in the right order. It produces something like this:
Jira-400 A
> Jira-401 CC
> Jira-402 BB
> Jira-430 DD
> Jira - 432 DDB
> Jira - 431 DDA
> Jira-434 AA
> Jira-433 EE
Is there a trick to this?