Our team only points stories, but not tasks. Although not perfect, I'd like to create automation to figure out the number of stories marked with a certain component (we use Dev, Config, and QA) and assign a portion of the points based on the number of tasks.
So if there are 4 config tasks on a story and 2 points of Config work (we track that in a custom field), then it would assign each task .5 points.
I was heading down the path of creating a custom variable called ConfigTaskTotal that counts the number of tasks with a component of config, but then once I get there, I can't figure out how to use it to divide the field that holds config points by that number. Hoping to just do it simply within a smart field like this, but it doesn't work.
{{#=}}{{issue.customfield_10879/ConfigTaskTotal}}{{/}}
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!