Hi folks - I am running Jira software in the cloud on a company managed project. I've created an automation that's getting errors and I'm looking for help to get past them. The automation trigger is when issue transitioned to status 'Complete-In Production", one condition - when a custom field labeled 'Prod Validation Needed' is set to yes. Automation action is to create a new BAU ticket. Everything related to this automation works splendid... except one thing - I can't figure out how to get the newly created ticket to populate with the same parent as the trigger issue. I can add the Parent field to the automation element of create new issue, but the only options are Current issue and Trigger issue. I can't find a way to make it populate with the same parent as the trigger issue. When I select either option from this parent field attribute in the rule (current issue and/or trigger issue), the rule just fails. I've tried both values and both cause failures. When I remove the parent field element from the rule the automation runs fine. I have confirmed that the issue type BAU does indeed have the Parent field available on the create screen. Any ideas?

