Hi ,
Whenever I am trying to create a new page in an existing space I am getting error : "Unable to communicate with server. Saving is not possible at the moment.". Any help would be appreciated.
errorPage.PNG
I'm experiencing the same problem!
Same issue for me
I've got the same issue today with a brand new install
I get this message when I try to edit a page I generated by a custom plugin. Only on the generated pages though...
EDIT: After a day, the issue popped up again. I dug through the logs and saw an odd HipChat plugin error. After disabling all the HipChat addons, 5.10.6 works for us. I'm assuming this was the original issue.
I experienced this issue with Confluence Server version 5.10.7. "Upgrading' to 5.10.6 resolved the issue for me.
My application Server is Linux. DB Server is MS SQL 2012.
Symptoms: After upgrading to 5.10.7 I saw the error above (and many other errors) whenever attempting to Save or Import. The drafts were saved to the DB (I found this by querying SQL directly). I also had odd and frequent heartbeat errors.
Solution: I downloaded 5.10.6 and installed it as an upgrade. The problem immediately resolved itself.
Note: This was the second major issue I had with 5.10.7. Last night I installed it and the upgrade corrupted my DB. I restored the Application Server from a snapshot, and the DB from a backup. Today I ran the installation again and thought things went well (everything seemed to work, but saving failed).
Conclusion: I suspect there are problems with https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/downloads/binary/atlassian-confluence-5.10.7-x64.bin
same issue for me.
Indeed, disabling HipChat add-ons solved my problem.!!
I'm very glad it helped!
I found this especially frustrating because we do not use HipChat integration with Confluence (we for Jira).
Are you running 5.10.7 or 5.10.6? I want to upgrade to 5.10.7 this weekend if all I need to do is disable HipChat add-ons.
Hey, We're running 5.10.7.
It seems that the HipChat integration plugins caused this problem.
PS i needed to create a second account since i already posted twice in 24 hours lol...
Anyways thank you for the solution, helped me a lot
I think I've fixed the issue by turning off Collaborative editing and Synchrony. I was noticing the drafting system having trouble, and taking a very long time before it was 'ready'.
Confluence administration > General Configuration > Under 'Administration' > Collaborative Editing
For some reason, i see same issue in Confluence 5.10.7 Server
same here
This was a frustrating problem however it was resolved when I noticed Outlook was prompting for my network password. After entering my network password in Outlook I could publish the page.
same here. but it seems like i'm the only user in our company who has this problem.
I don't have an answer, but here's what I'm seeing for symptoms, which agree with comments on this page from others.
Is there a JIRA ticket filed yet?
I filed an issue for Cloud, they say it got fixed. % doesn't break for my pages anymore. And I think they must have fixed for Server too, because I can now type it into this box! If you are on Server and still have the issue, I think you should open a new ticket. Here is the ticket I filed https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/agent/JST/issue/JST-242800
We have the same problem!
Can confirm that this has been resolved on the Cloud version of confluence and Jira. I can now edit these pages with the percent sign. It only affected Chrome.
This problem is back for me on Cloud. However I recently installed a beta version of Chrome (Canary) so this may be related.
Switched from Chrome to Safari, and it saves now. The Confluence wiki page doesn't have any percent symbols, and we don't have the HipChat plugin.
Still an issue. Running hosted Confluence and local hipchat. No % signs in document. Confluence still does not allow saving when using Chrome.
It seems that when time of response are not good, save not works under collaborative editing.
I turned off the feature and it worked!! thanks Jonathan!!!
Seeing this on a brand new install of Confluence 6.0.3 server, nothing customized yet.
Installed on Centos 7 virtual machine that is vanilla GUI install, with Firefox. "Can't save changes" came up in the status bar of the editor almost immediately upon clicking edit. Running the wiki and accessing it as http://localhost:8090
Solution: Had to disable Confluence Collaborative Editor Plugin.
I turned off just the plugin for Collaborative Editing. I didn't see a separate setting for "Collaborative Editing"
We've upgraded to V 6.0.3 today and this is happening to us. Grrrr!
We had the same issue but turning off Collaborative Editing solved the issue.
I just upgraded from 5.9.4 to 6.0.3 today and we began seeing this exact issue. I disabled the collaborative editing function as some other posters did and it resolved the problem. Looks like an issue there that Atlassian will need to sort out for the next update.
I'm getting the same problem ever since I upgraded to 6.0.3
With Collaborative Editing ON
With Collaborative Editing LIMITED
I just tried disabling the HipChat plugins as others have suggested, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.
At the moment, I am having to flip the Collaborative Editing setting back and forth just so our users can do the work they need.
Froilan
I see it with 5.10.8. I use Chrome. I frequently also have errors about having a saved draft to merge even though I can see my previous save was ok. Anyone else see that issue?
I'm experiencing the same problem in IE 11. I'm running Confluence on their cloud (hosted). I am trying out different wikis for my company and if this doesn't resolve, I'll have to go to another solution. It worked well for me at another organization. I haven't heard back from them at all (disappointing).
It worked for me. Hope we'll have an update from @atlassian-consulting@e-core.com very soon
If you have the add-on "Adaptavist Selectacular", disable it. This fixed it for me after upgrading from 5.9 to 6.3.4
I saw this error repeatedly when saving one particular page. When editing the characters "->" changed to a new special symbol. After I removed the symbol the page saved successfully.
I agree with @S Hoover above, Confluence does not like special characters.
It turned out I was using emojis. In particular a hand that indicates a hands-on action to be performed: 👉
It is a plain valid Unicode character which gets displayed perfectly in draft mode. Yet it inhibits the page from being published, with the known misleading error.
On Confluence 6.8.0 problems saving large tables generated in confluence markup. Disabling 'Confluence Hipchat Plugin' seems to be still the working solution.
Turning off Collaborative Editing worked for us as well, "Local Server Confluence 6.8.1"
Removing a single smiley face emoji we had on a page solved this issue for us. Thanks.
I'm also very interessted in finding a solution with Collaborativ Editing "on". It's a great feature and our users love it. But "Communication-Problems" are still frustrating.
The only workaround for us, currently working after getting the error message:
- Close Page
- Question for delete or save draft => Save Draft
- Open Edit-Mode again and save.
Till now it worked good, but its not a very nice workaround.
(Local Server Confluence 6.8.1)
In an expand-field in a page edit, we removed a smiley, and that fiexed it for us. :-) Thanks for the hint.
Our users tend to receive a 'Unable to communicate with server' error, and based on the articles we need to switch off collaborative editing.
We would like a solution with Collaborative Editing on. We have a huge user-base and found that when switched off, it caused too many issues where users saved and published work, but when in view mode the content had not updated.
Did you try looking for unusual characters on the page and removing them before saving? Unusual characters include emoticons, fancy bullets, and in my case --> got turned into one character.
disabling this plugin fixed for me as well!
Bingo. Same issue here.
iss there a solution? wa are running conf 6.6.0 and 6.13.4. in booth versions we get this error.
deaktivate Collaborative Editing ist not a solution for us...
I know this is an older thread, but I found that emojis also cause this to happen. Remove the Emoji and it may actually save.
I say this because I had tried everything else, even with synchrony off.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.