When running the JIRA Cloud CSV import process I want to map issues and link using the "Blocks" issue link type, is this possible?
@David Tieman , how are you ?
You can use something like this in your CSV file
Here is the tutorial if you have more doubts
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-import-issue-links-from-a-csv-file-in-jira-740262715.html
I hope I helped you.
If this post was helpful, mark it as "Accept Answer" , so you can help others who may have the same difficulties.
If your question has not been resolved, please post again with more details.
Hi @David Tieman
just to add to Carlos' great answer: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, another option might be the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields - including your issue links - much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also supports bulk editing via copy/paste - within JXL, but also between JXL and any other app, including Excel or Google Sheets.
With this, you can easily import issue links from a CSV file, like so:
Whether this is easier than the native bulk import somewhat depends on your data format. It's also worth noting that JXL can do much more than the above: From support for configurable issue hierarchies, to issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.
Any questions just let me know,
Best,
Hannes
Thank you for this link, I had also found this information but I read this as for Data Center / Server only and we are in a Cloud tenant of JIRA. I haven't tried this yet to see if this solution would work in my Cloud environment but will attempt this solution. Thank You
Thank you for your response and information. Unfortunately, our organization does not implement these add-ons.
@David Tieman , to import CSV in Cloud or Server/DC is the same thing
First you need to import your default issues
After this, you need to get de Keys and organizer your CSV file basead in your keys
In the importer you need to map this infos
Then after updating, you will get this result
In the issue SSP-25
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.