Hey Everyone,
Currently, in my company, we use tasks for almost everything unless bugs. We create tasks for adjustments and improvements that we have to do in our platform and for features we need to develop, the only difference is that tasks related to features are linked to a story, and here is the problem:
When creating a sprint, we don't know its composition of, making it difficult to estimate when a feature is going to live, because, as I said, we are using tasks for everything.
I know Jira structure consists of:
Epic (Larger Feature) -> Story (Smaller piece of feature in a user perspective) -> subtask (Work needs to complete the story).
However the people responsible for the development process are a little bit concern about using subtasks because they like the ability to move tasks between sprints, and to move subtasks, I need to move the parent as well.
So, to create a difference between features and adjustments and keep the flexibility they want, I am thinking about this concept:
Epic: What was a story before, will be an epic now, so a feature from a user perspective.
Story: What was a subtask before, now it will be a story, that we need to complete, it will be more of a development perspective, splitting between front-end and back-end issues.
Tasks: Related to adjustments of things we already have in the platform, so non-feature issues.
Bugs: Problems found in the platform.
I know I will lose the meaning of a story because it will be a development perspective instead of a user, but what do you think about it?
PS: I'm not the Scrum Master, or anything related to that, so I don't have the power to change too many things.