Hi All,
I've come to the community for help with a really old version of Confluence server.
The short of it:
I am running Confluence 3.3.1 server and I want to migrate the three spaces to Confluence Cloud.
The long of it:
I'm currently running Confluence 3.3.1 on a stand alone computer at home on Windows 7 as a personal wiki with only me as the user. I run the apache service whenever I need access to Confluence. Recently I started looking into moving it to Confluence cloud But the requirements for cloud migration says it can only migrate from version 5.14 or later.
So is the ONLY option available to me is to follow the upgrade path from 3.3.1 to 3.5.17 to 5.03 to 5.14 before I can migrate everything over to Confluence cloud? I am hesitant in doing this because if there are any hiccups along the way and I lose access to the information, I'm screwed. Of course I will perform a backup before doing this upgrade. And I probably will export each space too.
Is there a way to either export each space and just import it into a later version? Or to just install the latest version and restore from an archive?
Or is there some way of creating some sort of export, and import it into the cloud? I know nothing is ever that simple, but I want to hear what the experts have to say.
I seem to recall hearing a long time ago that the dbase format is different in the later versions than the older versions? And I have to convert the dbase into a different format or something? I don't have the foggiest idea as to how to do that if I need to.
Thanks in advanced.