Consider these two field definitions and value assignment
DescriptionHidden (hidden)
DescriptionInput (textbox)
DescriptionHidden = [entry.DescriptionInput]
Under certain other selections on the form the DescriptionInput field will be shown to the user. That input is saved to Jira. The form works fine.
However ever now and then I see the text from that textbox not formatted correctly. So this issue is intermittent.
Here is the latest incident info from ConfiForms database:
DescriptionInput = This Vendor does not support PingFederate for SAML or OIDC.
DescriptionHidden = [ " T h i s v e n d o r d o e s n o t P i n g F e d e r a t e f o r S A M L o r O I D C."]
Text saved to Jira description field = [ " T h i s v e n d o r d o e s n o t P i n g F e d e r a t e f o r S A M L o r O I D C."]
Any suggestions on why this happens and how to prevent it?