I am trying to configure our Help portal knowledge base, but I cannot get the knowledge base articles to populate unless I ALSO give the customers access to Confluence. We do not want to give these customers access to confluence
On the Service Desk Project, I have the settings mirroring what the support docs note should enable access for logged in users
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-knowledge-base-permissions/
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-knowledge-base-permissions-from-your-service-project/
- Who can view: All logged in user
- Who can edit: only confluence users
What other settings need to be adjusted for this to work?
My issue mirrors recent comments on here, but the answer noted does not resolve anything: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Customers-can-not-see-knowledge-base-or-articles-on-portal-home/qaq-p/1994463
Hi @Marissa Moroz I would suggest looking at this article. If your Confluence project isn't setup as a KB from JSM or linked properly, it's not going to act as a KB.
Hope that helps.
Hi Dan - thank you for the suggestion, but this doesn't help here. Are you aware of any other settings that need to be considered here?
I have tried both paths:
1. Creating a knowledge base directly from the JSM - Project Settings - Knowledge base page
2. Creating a confluence space and then linking it to the JSM Knowledge base page.
-
In both scenarios, I can get articles to be visible for my user (admin) in the help desk, but not for a logged in customer account. The only path that seems to work is ALSO adding the customer to the confluence guest users. This is not what the JSM - Knowledge base outlines in the set up though, and is not the path we want to use.
User setting wise, we have this configured to allow customers with specific domains to sign up and for the articles to also be suggested in the portal.
We are having the same issue with a newly created service project. KBs work fine in our other service project (company managed) but I can seem to get it working in this new service project (team managed). They show for my user (admin) but not for normal customers.
Is the Service Project that you are having issues with also team managed?
FYI, I submitted a ticket for my issue to Jira support and they were able to trigger a "re-index of the search functionality" of our Confluence site which solved our issue. They mentioned that is usually what causes problems fetching articles.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.