Hi,
I have a workflow that requires a certain Date Field to be informed to allow a certain transition in a workflow.
If the rule is not met, Jira moves back the issue, but the user might be wondering why is that. I'd like to inform the user in some way that is not an email, that the transition is not posible because a certain field is still empty.
I'm trying to do that using automations, but it doesn't work.
What I've done is:
1.- Create a rule to prevent issues transitioning from Status-A to Status-B if Field-X is empty
2a.- Create an automation to create a comment in the issue when transitioning from Status-A to Status-B if Field-X is empty
and the other way around, just in case
2b.- Create an automation to create a comment in the issue when transitioning from Status-A to Status B
It doesn't seem to work. Why ?
Is there another method to accomplish this ?