I have a field on a form that I want to restrict people from changing. The field is a dropdown field with 4 possible values 01,02,03 and 04.
I want to restrict people from changing to anything other than 01 (which it defaults too).
The rule I want to add is
If the field value has changed AND
the value of the field is not equal to 01 AND
the user id is not equal to 123456
then do not allow the change.
How do i do that. I have tried with condition and validation rules but I am clearly not getting the syntax right. Can someone talk me through its?
UPDATE
I've decided that the simplist approach to this is to make a field read only if the user is not 123456. But even trying to find the condition for that is proving painful. I've tried everything so far and nothing works
Condition
![entry._user]:123456
Run Validation Rule to set the field to Read Only.
UPDATE
OK realised that wont work because its a drop down field, so instead tried hiding the field if the user is not 123456 and showing the field if the user is 123456. But none of that worked either, so at this time I am officially throwing in the towel and giving up. Clearly it just CANNOT be done, at least by me.