Hi all,
Our IT Dept handles the intake of all system access requests via JSM, regardless of whether the apps are IT-managed. I would say 85% of our apps are managed by IT, but for those other 15%, we're communicating through other channels (ie: Email and Slack) to get access created. This obviously isn't very effective, and oftentimes, these communications get lost in the day-to-day, resulting in employees not getting the access that they need in a timely manner.
I am curious: does anyone have a similar situation that you overcame? I was thinking, maybe we need to have a project for each of those other departments that manage these systems (ie: Finance Systems, Billing Systems, etc). Maybe we just create a whole separate project for Access Requests with a mix of Admins from various departments as Agents. What I wouldn't want is to bring users from other departments into the IT Project as there are things that they shouldn't have visibility to. Appreciate any feedback.