Hello, I have a friend's full access project that he made. How can I copy it completely to my board so that all the data that I could change is saved?
Hello @kn1b20_velma
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Are you wanting to make that copy on the same instance where the original exists?
A "board" in Jira is just a method to visualize and manipulate the issues. The issues themselves exist in a container called a Project. The board uses a filter to determine which issues to display. The same issue can display in multiple boards because it may be within the scope of multiple filters. A change made to an issue through one board will be reflected in any other board that displays that issue.
We need to clarify what you want to copy.
Do you just want a copy of the board, but have it display the original issues? In that case any change you make to an issue would be reflected in your friend's board because you would be working with the same issues.
Do you actually want a separate copy of all the issues and the board so that none of the changes you make affect the issues in your friend's board?
I want to copy all data from his board. Epics, tasks , settings
Yes. He specially do it for me)
Welcome to the community, @kn1b20_velma.
I am Marlene, product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.
If you want to clone the entire project, including settings, boards and issues, you can try our app. With Deep Clone you can copy entire Jira projects very easily.
Please note that if you want to clone certain project details, you have to enable the Advanced Project Clone feature.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.