I'm writing a slack bot that will notify users in the morning of their pending items in review and how log they've been in that status.
The use case is for me to highlight when things have been sitting in review for too long and to prompt them gently to get them closed down.
I've hit a bit of a wall to actually retrieve the date of the last status change into a smart value so I can use a date diff check
Using pythin I know I can request the information from the API for a specific tickets info. I can see the created date being returned, but having trouble trying to access this through JIRA automation?
There is a work around where I can log the date in a hidden field when an Item goes to review and automate the clearing it should it pass /fail. However I have thousands of tickets in without that field so would prefer to use the changelog and be a little more dynamic.
Currently I've got: "{{changelog.status.last.created}} = varStatusDate" but can't get it to return anything in the log
The final calculation would be: {{now.diff(varStatusDate).businessDays}} to return the difference between now and the timethe issue was last moved to that status.
Any help would be appreciated