I have a socket mode Slackbot we use for support communications. I want it to be able to create Jira issues via the REST API - how do I authenticate. As users we use Azure based SSO to authenticate into Jira via a browser. How do I go about retrieving an auth token for REST API requests?
Here is a beginning:
#!/usr/bin/env python### -----------------------------------------------------------------------------""" See https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/api-group-issue-search/#api-rest-api-2-search-get"""# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------import osimport jsonimport requestsfrom dotenv import load_dotenvfrom requests.auth import HTTPBasicAuthload_dotenv()ORG = os.getenv("JIRA_ORG", None)TOKEN = os.getenv("JIRA_API_TOKEN", None)EMAIL = os.getenv("EMAIL", None)if ORG == None: raise("No organisation provided")if TOKEN == None: raise("No token provided")if EMAIL == None: raise("No email address provided")ISSUE = "CNP-6001"URL = f"https://{ORG}.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search"auth = HTTPBasicAuth(EMAIL, TOKEN)HEADERS = { "Accept": "application/json"}query = { "jql": f"issue = {ISSUE}"}response = requests.request( "GET", URL, headers=HEADERS, params=query, auth=auth)print(json.dumps(json.loads(response.text), sort_keys=True, indent=4, separators=(",", ": "))
Add a .env file defining JIRA_ORG, JIRA_API_TOKEN and EMAIL
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.