Hi Community,
I am trying to create an automation rule to add a specific user or a reporter into a custom user picker field based on a custom radio button field choice selection. The radio button field (budgeted) has two options, yes and no. I created a rule: if the user selects no, it adds a user (testaccount) into the custom user picker field; otherwise, the reporter is added to the custom user field. It is working fine with these two options; for No, I added a user, and for Yes, I used smart value {{reporter}}; however, the issue is if neither option is selected, it won't add a reporter into the field; it leave it blank. I am using the condition in the Issue update state. The custom Budgeted field gets updated when the user adds a Proforma Form. Initially, I didn't add the field in the screen; it was only on the Proforma form; since I wasn't able to add automation with the form so, I created a custom field and linked it with the form, and custom Jira field is only in the edit screen.
I added another if else condition, such as if the value "is not one of," and selected yes and no; I also tried the empty option, but neither worked. How can we add a reporter to the custom user picker field when the budget's default value is "none"?
Appreciate your help!