I'm assuming that this would need to be done within Automation.
@Steve Hooczko,
You cannot force them to fill out a value after a transition, but you could use add a screen to the transition and then use a validator to require a field on that screen to be populated.
Are you familiar with transition screens and how they work?
Thanks, Kian
Are you talking about making a field required in order to execute the transition or to make a field required once an issue is in a particular status?
In either case, I don't think that Automation is going to assist, since an Automation rule makes a thing happen, but can't enforce behavior before it happens.
For that, you'd likely need a third party plugin like Scriptrunner, JMWE, or JSU to conditionally make a field required.
which validator do i use? The only one I see in the "Add Validator to Transition" list that may apply is Previous State Validator.
I tried that validator and no screen appeared to update the field.
Do I need to setup a screen "scheme" for this screen, as well?
Hi @Steve Hooczko,
Your requirement can be achieved using "Field Required Validator" provided by "Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE)" app.
See the documentation of this validator here and give it a try.
BTW, I'm from Appfire, the vendor of JMWE app.
Regards,
Suprija | Appfire
Hello @Steve Hooczko,
I am part of the Decadis team and this should also be possible with the Fields required or changed validator from our app JWT for Jira Cloud.
Best regards,
Vicente
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.