I need your advice on how to do this in the best way in Jira.
I am creating a software project for recurring and regular maintenance tasks and access reviews for systems. First I though of creating a Main issue that described what needs to be done and in what frequency and then add subtasks per occurance, with and assignee and a due date. The idea was then to send a notification to the assignee in connection to the due date. The goal is to have the tasks planned, notified and with a record of it being done, when and by who?
Now my problem is that some of these tasks need to be done every month which means we then need to create 12 subtasks per year for that specific Issue. And we probably have quite a lot of monthly tasks. More than I thought. So now I am looking for a better way on how to do this. (specially since I cant clone the sub tasks as I understand)
Do you know a better approach to this?
I was thinking about using checklists somehow but I am not sure that will work. I still need to make sure that every recurring task (or at least the task next up) is assigned to someone. And all the recurring tasks need to have a due date and status.
I need to make this happen quite quick so please give me you best suggestions? I am open for any ideas.