@Michael Foster , welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Have you checked in Global Permissions if the permission to create team-managed projects is allowed for some user or group?
Please, check this. Also, it will be great if you provide some screenshot associating to your error message.
Hi Fernando, I checked those permissions and creating team-managed projects was public. I deleted this and changed to org-admin group of which I am a part of and still no luck. I’m going to try to add a screenshot but unfortunately have been having issues because this forum is giving me errors as well.
More info on error. In the console I am seeing {"message": "Failed to create Project from async task: bc37073a-a2c4-48cc-82c2-3c2270cc7cf8, cause: FAILED, failing stage: project.create.flow.unscoped.product.hook ","status-code": 500,"stack-trace": ""}
Hello ,
I am getting the following error while creating a new project :
Your admin gave you permission to create projects, but you don't have permission to view project templates. Contact your admin to have them fix your permissions or create a project for you.
Contact your admin
PS: I am in Jira admin group already which is part of global permission for creation of Company managed project ,
Please let me know how to fix this issue
Thanks
Faisal
@Michael Foster did you ever get an answer to this error?
We are also seeing this same error, in the exact same circumstance - an org admin trying to create a project using Jira Cloud rest API:
Request (In Groovy)
{"message":"Failed to create Project from async task: e94bd8fe-b04c-4b89-a72b-1e38a0ed06dc, cause: FAILED, failing stage: project.create.flow.unscoped.product.hook ","status-code":500,"stack-trace":""}
We will open a ticket with Atlassian support regarding the issue as well, but wondering whether you received any info on this when you encountered it.
Update on this: it seems like using a different project key resolved the issue. Given that these requests are made by a testing suite and the same project key is used to create a project every test run (and delete the project during cleanup), it feels like we hit some sort of limit on Atlassian's end, like a max ID value for some kind of internal entity that they store when a project is created. I imagine this is an uncaught and unexpected exception, meaning we get a 500 with some cryptic wording rather than a 4xx.
In the support request I opened with Atlassian, I have suggested that they document and handle this exception better so that future users don't have to get to the bottom of the issue via trial and error like we did.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.