Cananyone give me the best way to expain to a client to most painfree way to correct an overly convoluted workflow? The workflow in question has 53 transitions!
Hello @gregory_wallace
What "corrections" need to be made?
How many Statuses are there in the workflow?
Why are there 53 transitions? That seems like a maintenance nightmare.
"the most pain free way to 'correct' an overly convoluted workflow" is to start with a new, basic workflow where issues are allowed to transition to and from any status, and build that up with the extras that are actually needed.
Maybe there is some legitimate reason for what they have. Maybe it has become so convoluted because administers just kept adding to it without asking why changes needed to be made. I recommend that you have conversations with them about all the customizations that have been made. Use the Five Whys to try to get at the root problem that they were trying to solve with each customization, and then investigate if the customization actually solved the problem.
As they explore why the customization were made, they may find that they either aren't really needed or didn't actually solve the problem.
Hi I have question regarding workflows. I have created a copy of the workflow. when I go to Issue -> Screens, I see my created screens there but there are 3 more columns on that screen: Screen scheme, workflows and Actions. What I noticed is the worklow I copied, I can see it with the screen I have copied from. While the workflows are perfectly working fine for my project but why is it linked to the screen from where I made a copy
Can you provide screen images of what you're seeing?
Apologies I won't be able to share that. But would be able to guide me on what could be the issue here. For ex I creates screens names Abc for each issue type and I am creating workflows for each issue type. I copied from XYZ but the workflows are coming under XYZ and not ABC. All screen schemes configurations seems okay, workflows are working fine but why this issue. If you can take a guess
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.