Hello, Again, Community:
I am revisiting my previous automation rules for computing elapsed time-in-current-status and I'm trying to identify the errors in my system date-time arithmetic. I have three automation rules:
- One rule captures current system date whenever an issue transitions to a different status and updates the issue custom field "Issue_Status_Start_Date";
- One rule runs Tue-Sat @ 0100 and gets current system date and updates the issue custom field "Issue_Status_Elapsed_ChkDate";
- One rule runs Tue-Sat @ 0130 and computes difference between "Issue_Status_Elapsed_ChkDate" and "Issue_Status_Start_Date", in workdays, and updates the issue custom field "Status_Elapsed_WrkDays"
Here is the date arithmetic to compute "Status_Elapsed_WrkDays":
- Status_Elapsed_WrkDays: 2024-05-03.diff(2024-05-02).wrkdays.abs,
When the automation rule executes, it generates a error in the log:
- Could not convert the field value to a number. Please ensure the value is a number, math expression or smart-value that can be converted into a number.
- Status_Elapsed_WrkDays: 2024-05-03.diff(2024-05-02).wrkdays.abs,
Does anyone know the proper date arithmetic for this?
Continued "Thanks"!
-John Tucci
Megabyte Systems, Inc.