Hi Jira Community!
I'm looking for some guidance on automating adjustments to the Due Dates of Epics based on the number of engineers working on them. We typically use Start Date and Due Date to schedule our work, which works fine when a single engineer is involved. For example, if an Epic is estimated to take 1 month with 1 engineer, the Due Date is set accordingly.
However, if we assign two engineers to the same Epic, we'd expect the work to take about half the original time (2 weeks). I'm trying to find a way to automatically update the Due Date in Jira to reflect this change when the number of engineers varies.
Here's what I've tried so far:
- Duration in Days Fields: I created one to calculate the working days between the Start Date and Due Date.
- Contributors Field: I added another custom field to indicate the number of engineers working on the Epic.
I'm struggling with how to link these fields to automatically adjust the Due Date based on the number of contributors. Currently, only one engineer can be officially assigned to a ticket, so I've been experimenting with automation to manage this scenario, but it feels a bit clunky.
Any advice or insights on how to streamline this process would be greatly appreciated!