Hi guys,
I'm fairly new to automation in Jira - but I cannot seem to find a way of getting a child ticket to inherit information from a parent. We have a product team who use a custom field of "Value" in the parent tickets. Each parent will have a deployment type ticket as a child - and I do a lot of reporting on the deployment type tickets. I want my child deployment type tickets to automatically inherit the Value field of their parent when creating. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I would go about this? YouTube has not been useful...
I'm new to Jira automation too, but I hope this will help. I've not tested it but it looks hopeful.
Step one, make sure that there is a parent using Smart Values
Step two, copy from parent. I've set assignee, but obvs you can use your own field.
Hope that helps.
Martin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.