Hi,
I'd like to know how to add a custom field to the list of available fields to be displayed in an update note?
Thanks in advance.
Hi @Caroline CHIALE
As far as I know, this is not possible as of now. You can only use the standard fields provided by Jira to describe a version.
However, you can always link Confluence pages or additional resources to a version in order to add the information you need.
Hope this helps!
Hi @Michel Neeser
Thank you for your reply.
I am surprised because some custom fields appear in the list of fields that are available to be displayed in the release note.
In the screenshot below, the "Steps to reproduce" and "Work item description" fields are two custom fields....
I misunderstood your question, thanks for clarifying!
A custom field is displayed in this list if it is included in a screen which is associated to the project this version belongs to. Can you confirm that this is the case in your example?
See Gabrielles findings here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Release-note-s-formatting-option-shows-only-a-subset-of-fields/qaq-p/2208878
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.