Howdy y'all and let me say thank you in advance.
I am the custodian of a team managed project and when one of my coworkers uses a filter like this:
project = "XYZ" and type = Bug and status = "In Progress"
She gets the expected result except the epic link under the Parent column is blank.
When I use the same filter, I can see the link to the epics.
When I share my filter with her, she gets this notice:

...which seems like a clue but googling either turns up old results from the self-hosted days or applies to company managed instances so I just don't have the same options those articles mention.
What am I missing? It feels like an access issue but I'm not seeing any setting that comes remotely close to the problem though I could be wrong as I am new to being a junior JIRA admin. Any advice is appreciated.
I am on Cloud version 1001.0.0, build number 100251.