We have testing every other month for updates/upgrades - and I recently moved from Monday.com - we created our own template for each testing scenario/task and we would use the template to create a new testing board for each upgrade. I cannot seem to find that same type of functionality in JWM.
Hello @Shawn Yarnold
In Jira Work Management a JWM project gets one and only one Board created for it, and the board has limited options for customizations.
If you have the Jira Software product available to you on the same instance and you have a license for that product then you can make additional boards based on Saved Filters that reference the issues in the JWM project. You can learn more about that here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Multiple-boards-in-Business-and-Team-Managed-Projects-You-bet/ba-p/1719761
Each of the users that would need access to those additional boards would require a Jira Software product license.
Do any of your other tools offer copy/duplication of boards - Trello?? JSM??
First, to be clear, they are not my products. I'm just another user of the products, albeit one with years of experience. ;-)
Jira Software agile boards can be copied.
Note that in Jira boards are just a method to view and manipulate issues. The issues are not "in" the board. The issues are actually in a Project.
Are you really wanting just a copy of the board or are you wanting to copy all the issues/cards to make new issues/cards?
In Monday.com, I could create my own template for a workspace, that we could copy and rename from the template for every upgrade.
The template kept our testing scenarios, testing status, and priority all in tact for the next upgrade, so we never had to recreate it - only duplicated the template board and renamed it to match the version we were testing.
I hope that make sense.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.