We currently use Bitbucket for all our repositories. I decided to register a JIRA trial under our administrating email account.
At first things were fine where I could create projects and assign issues.
All of a sudden I login and can't view projects from the drop down list in the top left menu. I then tried to create a new project and received this message:
Permission Violation
It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.
If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.
When I browse to the projects from the top right gear icon I can see the project I just created and this main administrator as Project lead. Yet I still cant access the newly created project from the top left menu?
At 1 point I moved our developers out of the administrators group but never touched the administrator. I also deleted a project I had previously created as a test. Somewhere along the line my access bombed out.
Crazy thing is when I click the JIRA administrators link in the above error and send a message it sends an email to the account which is the main administrator which is logged in? Makes no sense? I send myself an email to try change permissions but I cant do anything about it?