Hello,
I'm hoping this is not a ridiculous question. I'm new to Jira, but I've been tasked with writing a quick reference for my team. I read that the basic search (and I suppose the advanced search) will combine the search terms if you include them within quotes. Example: "Jira icons" (with quotes) would only return Summary and Description results that had 'Jira' and 'icons' next to each other. When not using quotes (Jira icons) the search will look for either term and would not care if together or not.
But I have found that sometimes (particularly towards the end of the results list) that I may get results that don't contain "Jira icons" together or sometimes even "Jira" or "Icons" separately. I asked about this with one of my users who is more familiar with Jira, and he pointed out that the underlying basic search is still JQL, and it has a tilde that represents "Like," so the results may include something that is like Jira or icons. This seemed off to me, but just to check I tried to change the advance search to a "=" instead of "~" and got an error saying that equals "=" was an invalid operator. Is this true, you cannot completely limit the results to "Jira icons" even when putting in quotes only when they are together? BTW, I'm using Jira v9.5.1
Thanks, in advance.