I realize there are far better ways to do this, but I am trying to solve a unique problem. Where I work, we don't have an internal ticketing system. We only have a ticketing system for customer requests. Jira Service Management does everything I need to solve this problem. It allows me to make custom request forms and present a central request portal to users and HR. The notifications are extremely granular, and users can view their requests. Which is all awesome.
The problem is - we are expected to log everything we do in Jira Software to track our time. And there are genuinely times we will need Jira software so we can have Epics / track larger projects and maintenance. So we can't work entirely in Service Management. But if we have both, I know the powers that be won;t want to pull two reports for time and they will get into the weeds of - what belongs where. So they'll ultimately want everything logged in Jira Software.
Is it possible to use the Automation to clone a card / issue marked as done in Jira Service Management over to Jira Software?
Thanks.