We are testing Jira Service Desk.
Is it possible to unsend a comment created on a Jira ticket?
Or could we set up a delay in sending the comment?
Hi @ACN Helpdesk , when a comment is made in an issue, notifications will be sent out according to how you have comment notification configured. However, while you can delete a comment you cannot "unsend" any notification. I am unsure what you mean by delay a comment. Depending on your exact requirement, you could potentially leverage automation To comment on an issue at a certain time or based on a certain condition or trigger. Maybe if you could explain your use case more completely I could offer further guidance.
For example, I want to reply to a question, but I want to make sure it arrives after a certain time like after a set-up has run so they can try it out after this has run.
Would it be possible to delay this comment so it will arrive after a certain time?
The only way to do something like this would be associated with using an automation rule where you schedule the rule to run at a given time or if you can establish the appropriate trigger for your "setup has run" then you can add a comment to an issue as an action.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.