Hi ,
I am looking for a solution to automate creating a new Jira issue(task) as child issue under an existing Epic, I dont see the Epic link options in the automation .Please find the screenshot of automation i have created and Kindly provide suggestions.
Epic link is: https://ostrica.atlassian.net/browse/CC-1
Hello @Pritam Pal
Since you are in the cloud, in the "Choose fields to set" dropdown, Choose "Parent" instead of Epic Link and give your key in the field which opens up.
No Options for Parent
I dont see any Parent option as suggested
Can you find an issue with Epic in it and share screenshot of the section..
Maybe you guys are just linking the epics instead of having hierarchy, or the field is named differently.. a screenshot of what you would like to happen will help. Thanks!
This above screenshot is the Jira task generated via automation but unable to link to the below EPIC unless done manually hence it default goes to the Board.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.