Where does Azure DevOps for Jira (Official) take deployment events from?
The docs suggest that it's only special deployment jobs that provide the correct information to Jira. However, I have some projects listing deployments even though I don't use deployment jobs.
I guess that Jira is looking at the names of stages or jobs to determine whether it's a deployment or not. I have, for example, a stage and a job both called "DeployStage". I see deployment events for them and Jira even got the environment "staging". I have the same thing but with a key Jira doesn't now and it's listed under "other environments".
This would be super helpful (for I don't want to use deployment jobs). I just can't find any reference supporting my guess. And I also wouldn't feel too great relying on some undocumented behaviour. The docs are a bit meager in this regard.
/edit: Extra bit of information: As of March 1, 2024 I sadly no longer get any deployment events in Jira for aforementioned project ...