Hello Everyone
I'm fairly experienced in using JSM but have never used any of it's asset features. I have a use case that I think assets could solve, but I'm not too familiar with all of its functionality and as the courses for asset management are unavailable right now, I'm hoping the community can help.
We have a JSM instance that supports many customer sites all with specific equipment we support. We organize each site as organizations so that all members of each site can see the site's tickets. From that level, I want to have a dropdown that shows the specific equipment for that site. I can't have the dropdown show equipment supported at all sites as that would break confidentiality.
My idea was to configure all equipment as assets, and have a property associated with them that are related to site/organization. Then in the JSM form, have the dropdown AQL to only show what is configured for the organization of the logged in user.
Is this possible, and is there anything else I should be considering?
Thank you!
Christian