Hi!
I'm using both Jira and an external issue tracking system.
In Jira I'm using
- Custom Select List fields (single choice) in my project.
- Automation to send an HTTP request on updating and issue to pass on changes to the external system
In the external system I'm:
- Periodically sending requests to Jira's Create custom field options (context) endpoint to keep the select field options up to date
- Also periodically sending requests to remove out-of-date options
The data from external source looks like this:
[
{
"ProjectId": "project_id_1",
"ProjectName": "Project 1"
},
{
"ProjectId": "project_id_2",
"ProjectName": "Project 2"
}
]
The problem I have is that ProjectIds are not really human readable, but Project Names can at times be NOT unique, so I would need to somehow also associate the ProjectId with the ProjectName, so that when Jira automation sends the HTTP request with the the fields from the issue, I could in the external system see ProjectId instead of Project name.
Is there a way this could be achieved, so that when looking at the issue in Jira, people would still see ProjectName in the dropdown, but the system would save ProjectId as the value?
P.S. The amount of requests I send when creating the options for the select field does matter a bit, that's why I opted for creating the custom field options (context) API endpoint.