I would like to take input from the User whenever the status of an issue is changed. For eg Suppose one task's status is changed from In Progress to Done. I want a popup where the user will enter how much time he/she has taken to complete the task.
Hi @Kshamta Pareek
Welcome to our Community.
Your requirement is feasible through:1.Change jira workflow transition from In Progress to Done, add a Resolve Issue screen to this transition;
2.Add Log Work field to Resolve Issue screen
Hope it helps & Thanks,
YY哥
Note this solution works only for issues in a Company Managed project. Workflows for Team Managed projects do not currently support adding a screen to transitions.
@Trudy P Claspill Is there any way I can do this in Team managed Project? I am not able to track the team process with out work input from them
@Kshamta Pareek
I am not aware of a way to add transition screens to workflows for Team Managed projects. There is an open change request for this to which you can add your vote:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-22084
You could consider trying to add a validator or condition rule to your transition to block the transition if the information was not provided in the issue before the transition is executed, but that will not generate a pop-up for the user to enter the data during the transition.
You could consider changing to use a Company Managed project instead. That would involve creating a new Company Managed project. You could start with new issues going forward in that project, or move your issues from your Team Managed project to the new Company Managed project. There could be data lost during that move. Only a Jira Administrator can create a Company Managed project, and manage the customizations of such a project.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.